The International Solidary Online Meeting of Aquatic Physiotherapy will take place online on August 22 and 23, 2020. We have the presence of renowned professionals from Brazil and abroad, to share knowledge and experiences. The lectures will be live or recorded, with time for interaction and clarification of doubts with speakers.
The topics covered will be:
- National and international guidelines on how care should proceed during the pandemic;
- Experience regarding management including physical location, guidance to staff and service protocols during the pandemic;
- Care of patients who are arriving with post-COVID-19 sequelae;
- Main physiological and biomechanical changes in the aquatic environment;
- Main concepts and methods used in aquatic physiotherapy;
- Current scenario on research in aquatic physical therapy in Brazil
Efthymia Vagena, IATF Assistant Instructor and clinical director of Filoktitis Rehabilitation hospital in Athens, Greece which quickly adapted to maintain care during the pandemic and did not stop operating the pool and services during the pandemic. Will address the actions taken with the teams, physical spaces, protocols, and procedures for the maintenance of care, the role of aquatic physiotherapy and care for post-COVID-19 patients.